As an additional layer of protection for our customers, we are adding Text Fraud Alerts to Hills Bank debit cards. When suspicious activity is detected on your debit card, you’ll receive a text alert.
How does it work?
If you receive a “fraud alert” from 72718, reply “Yes” or “No” to confirm or deny the activity.
- “No” means the activity is fraudulent. You’ll quickly receive a follow-up text to let you know that a SHAZAM fraud specialist will call you to help protect your account. We will also block your debit card to prevent any additional fraudulent activity.
- “Yes” means the activity was legitimate. You can continue to use your debit card as normal. If you do not reply to the text, or your phone number is not a mobile number, we will attempt to reach you via automated voice call.
What you need to do:
- Save the following numbers into your contacts so you don’t miss any alerts.
- 72718 (text message alerts)
- 855-219-5399 (automated phone call alerts)
- Verify your phone number through Hills Bank Online under “Services” then select “Change My Address.”
We would like to remind you that Hills Bank or Shazam will never initiate a request for personal account information by email, text, or phone. Call Hills Bank at 1-800-445-5725 (HILLSBK) immediately if you ever see a suspicious transaction on your debit card.