With emerging technologies, managing your bank accounts can be convenient and done from your mobile device. Below are 6 tips for managing your money from practically anywhere.
- Use your PIN. When a debit card is used outside the “home area,” you may experience issues if you use the card for signature-based credit card transactions. Try using your Personal Identification Number (PIN) instead.
- Use Secure Messages. When logged in to Hills Bank Online banking (whether on a mobile device or on a computer), you can send a secure message to inquire about a specific transaction, let us know where you will be traveling, or ask any questions that may come up while you’re out and about. By using secure messages, we know who you are and can easily reference your accounts quickly. Messages are typically answered within 1-2 hours during regular business hours Monday-Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM and Saturday, 8 AM – Noon.
- Pay Your Bills. By using the bill pay feature in online banking, you won’t need to worry about getting things mailed while you’re away. Simply schedule payments based on their due date, and leave your worries behind.
- Use Remote Deposit. With the remote deposit capture feature, you can upload a photo of a check, designate which of your accounts should receive the credit, and within an hour or two (during banking hours), the transaction will be complete.
- Transfer Money. You can transfer funds from one Hills Bank account to another Hills Bank account (including loan payments), or to/from non-Hills Bank accounts using your computer or mobile device. By setting up external accounts (for example, a savings account at “XYZ”), you can easily move money from that account into Hills Bank, or into that account from Hills Bank.
- Download the HERE app. Hills Bank now offers an app that connects you to a Digital Banker of your choice for an even more personal connection to your money. The HERE app is available in the Apple App Store or Google Play. For more information, visit www.hillsbank.com/here.
If you are interested in learning more about these technologies, I would be happy to help. Simply call 1-800-445-5725, LiveChat with a customer service representative on hillsbank.com, or download the HERE app and select me as your banker. I’m here for you!