This July marks the 19th year of the Crisis Center of Johnson County‘s Thanksgiving in July Community-Wide Food Drive. This time of the year there tends to be a donation gap, once school is out for the summer, and many children in our community may not have access to meals they would normally be getting through their school.
Did you know?
- $35 feeds a family of five for one week.
- $110 feeds two siblings for two months.
- $250 feeds three children lunch every day this summer.
- $1 donation can purchase an average of four pounds of food.
What to Donate
- Financial donations allow the Crisis Center to maximize every dollar’s impact.
- Food donations. Here’s a list of the best items to donate: Top 10 Needed Items at Local Food Banks.
- Host a food drive of your own.
Where to Donate
- Online financial donations can be made here.
- Drop off locations include:
The Crisis Center helps to alleviate hunger in Johnson County by distributing 106,000 pounds of food each month―that’s 1.3 million pounds annually! Consider a donation of your own today.
For Linn and Washington County, consider donating to your local food pantries this summer as the need for donations rises. For more information about donating, please visit Hawkeye Area Community Action Program (HACAP), The Salvation Army of Cedar Rapids, or your local food pantry.